Neutering your rabbit
Neutering your rabbit is a simple day procedure. We use the safest anaesthesia and monitoring equipment to ensure your rabbit is as comfortable as possible . Male rabbits can be neutered from about 4 months and females from about 5 months.
Benefits of neutering your rabbit
There are so many benefits to neutering your rabbit, for both you and your furry friend!
- Neutered rabbits live longer! Up to 85% of females develop uterine cancers by the age of 4 or 5 if they are not spayed. Neutered males live longer too as they will be less likely to fight with other rabbits and suffer problems from injury and infection.
- Neutered rabbits make better companions. They are calmer and more affectionate and they also become less aggressive and less inclined to chew and dig.
- Better litter-training habits Just like cats, neutered rabbits gradually stop spraying around your house and are more reliably house-trained
- Neutered rabbits can live together. Unaltered rabbits cannot safely have a friend of the same or opposite sex due to sexual and aggressive behaviour triggered by hormones. Do not wait until the rabbits start fighting to have them neutered, as by then it maybe too late to restore their relationship.
- Neutered rabbits won’t contribute to the problem of overpopulation. Just like with dogs and cats, it is responsible ownership to prevent your rabbit from contributing the an overpopulation problem in the rabbit community!